1. Let’s Get Started – All inquiring customers will meet with an expert solar consultant for a free evaluation and custom proposal. A review of the solar options will be shared to determine which option is the best for you.
2. Site Survey – Once you have decided to purchase a solar system from Talisman Solar Systems, LLC, a site surveyor will come to your home to gather detailed facts about the physical measurements and sun readings of your residence to ensure the best design possible.
3. Design Engineering – Our skilled engineers will take the surveyors custom-designed system and create CAD drawings for the local government permit process and HOA architectural review (if needed).
4. Purchase/Lease Financing Approval – When applicable, this takes place before proceeding with Government and HOA approvals.
5. Government and HOA Approvals – Submission of system design for approvals.
6. Solar Installation – The installation start day is scheduled as soon as all approvals are received. Installations typically take 2-3 days.
7. Local Governmant and Utility Inspections – Confirmation that your solar installation meets all building code requirements.
8. Utility Approval and Activation – Utility grants permission to activate and your solar system is turned on and begins producing energy.
9. Job Closeout – A Customer-Care specialist will come to your home to check system performance, teach you about monitoring, and answer all your questions.
10. Monitoring and Savings – View your energy production online, witness your meter run backwards, and see your electric bill disappear.
30% Federal Tax Credit
The federal government offers the Federal Investment Tax Credit (FITC) for solar electric and solar hot water systems, for both personal and business tax purposes. It was extended for a 10 year period by an act of U.S. Congress and lasts (for application) until December 31, 2016 with a zero maximum (“uncapped”) tax credit amount. Businesses and homeowners alike are given a 30% tax benefit for the cost of having invested in such renewable, clean energy systems in the form of this federal tax credit, and it has a lifetime “carryover” period (in other words, if you don’t chose to or cannot use all of your credit in the first, or any other year it “carries forward”) on personal taxes, and businesses have five years of carryover.